Vai al contenuto

IMO 100R300 SPENTO ALL'IMPROVVISO

Messaggi consigliati

Domani è il gran giorno!

Il braccio sta decisamente meglio, quindi nel w.e. mi accingo a rimettere il culo sulla moto.

Nella pausa forzata del gesso ho approfittato per fare qualche lavoretto, roba da poco :rolleyes:, tra cui installare il sensore della temperatura acqua collegandolo all'IMO.

Accendo la moto, tutto ok, mi segna la temperatura, e man mano che il motore si scalda il termometro digitale dell'IMO sale, quand'ecco... l'IMO si spegne, piano piano, come se fosse calata la tensione :angry2: :angry2: .

Eppure il tester mi dice che ci sono i suoi bravi 13 volt ad alimentarlo... il sensore ha un solo filo, per cui non si possono sbagliare i collegamenti... prima funzionava regolarmente...

A nessuno di voi è capitata questa stranezza?

AIUTO! sono senza strumentazione, e potrei anche violare i limiti di velocità inconsapevolmente! :P

P.S. se qualcuno sa il tedesco e vuol darmi una mano, si potrebbe provare a loggarsi sul forum della Touratech http://forum.touratech.de/ e vedere se ci sono stati altri casi di immotivato spegnimento - grazie!

Modificato da mario rd03
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 month later...

Mario - please excuse my English. :blush:

I am using the temperature sensor to show the OIL TEMPERATURE as i think it is a better indication for the engine than the coolant in the radiators.

I have drawn a diagram that shows the wiring for an RD07A.

643401100_HjjFc-L.jpg

post-17510-1252456355_thumb.jpg

post-17510-1252456522_thumb.png

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

If you complain about your English, what should I do?

Thank you so much for the wiring diagram, which confirms that my connections were right; everything (speedometer, rpm and all the IMO's features) was working great until I connected the sensor wire.

It has taken the signal from the bulb, displaying the temperature for about 20 minutes; then I switched off the engine to work on the bike, and - when I started it again - the display showed me the temperature for 5 minutes, then slowly the digits have faded until they disappeared; from then on, nothing!

I have contacted Touratech about this, they also told me that is better using the bulb for oil than for coolant temperature, but it must work the same.

It must have happened something strange, because there was only one left wire to connect (DZ, as shown in the diagram), so I can't have made mistakes.

Now the IMO is in Touratech labs for a complete check up... I'll let you know!

Thank you again!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Mario - please excuse my English. :blush:

I am using the temperature sensor to show the OIL TEMPERATURE as i think it is a better indication for the engine than the coolant in the radiators.

I have drawn a diagram that shows the wiring for an RD07A.

Hello Jonathan, great to read you on the forum!

Looks like the IMO keeps us all quite busy!! :P

I will shortly order the temperature sensor and adaptor for my AT as per your suggestion.

Reading again the IMO manual, it also states that the temperature sensor is primarily intended for the engine oil temp.

I will later go looking for some sort of gauge to read water temp as well: if you find a good solution for your bike, please let us know.

And as soon as it is completely finished, I'd like to see some photos here please! B)

Ciao!

PS Mario, keep us posted on this one, I'm curious to see how it will be solved!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

P.S. se qualcuno sa il tedesco e vuol darmi una mano, si potrebbe provare a loggarsi sul forum della Touratech http://forum.touratech.de/ e vedere se ci sono stati altri casi di immotivato spegnimento - grazie!

Mario, ho usato un traduttore online per cercare di capire vagamente di cosa si parla... sembra che non sei l'unico ad avere problemi, ma li si discuteva sul contagiri ed il sensore temperatura.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Crea nuovo...